From the series “Get to Know Your Friendly Local Security Officers” - by P.J.C.
- He’s a junior. Isaac is his father’s name. When he was young, he added an ‘s’ to his first name; “I wanted to be different from my dad,” he says.
- The youngest of four, he was raised in Mobile, Alabama until he was eight, when, in 1969, Hurricane Camille tore through the Gulf States. Soon after, the family moved to Compton, where he attended Compton High.
- Reese is a singer; in the nineties, at the height of the LA rap scene, he sang backup and melody for a number of rap artists, and toured with Snoop Dogg, Butch Cassidy, Nate Dogg, and other Death Row Records artists.
- Reese has been a part of a gospel quartet called The Redeem Souls for more than 30 years, and sings at his church, Greater New Holy Trinity Baptist.
- He’s been married 20 years to his wife Lynetta and has two sons, Myles and De’Veon.