About the Board
The Board of Directors is the body of duly elected representatives charged with the responsibility of governing the affairs of the VG Owners Association.
The Board consists of owners elected by the owners and serves voluntarily and without pay. Each member is elected for a two year term, and elections are held by secret ballot, as required by the civil code.
An annual Association election meeting is held the first Saturday in February of each calendar year to elect directors to the Board. The officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) are elected by the directors at the first meeting post election.
Minutes from open session meetings are posted at the clubhouse once they have been approved by the board at the following meeting.
Click here to read a February 2022 letter from the Board of Directors to the VG Community regarding civil discourse.
2024 Board of Directors
- The regular board meeting is the 4th Tuesday of every month starting at 7pm at the Clubhouse. Additional meetings include an operating budget meeting, a reserves budget meeting, the annual meeting, the organizing (electing officers) meeting and various special meetings held due to unforeseen circumstances that require a vote between regular board meetings.
- Each regular meeting consists of an open session which residents and homeowners can observe, and an executive session which is closed due to the nature of the business being discussed. The agenda is posted at the clubhouse along with approved minutes from prior meetings.
- Homeowners can address the board at the beginning of an open session meeting during "homeowner comments". The board does not generally answer specific questions or topics raised at that time. Homeowners can email or write to the board via the management office and correspondence will be provided to the directors prior to the meeting. Unless the manager deems the message urgent, correspondence is due by the 3rd Monday of every month at noon.
- Directors also serve as liaisons to committees and rotate through the monthly violation enforcement committee.
- From time to time, two or more directors are appointed to an executive committee to carry out a specific task or make a decision on behalf of the board between scheduled meetings.
- Open meeting minutes are posted at the clubhouse once they have been approved by the board. Executive meeting minutes are available to the directors.